Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Autistic Teen Surprising Game Hero

Here's wonderful story: an autistic teen (didn't speak until age 5) who usually spent his time sitting on the bench got his chance to suit up for the home finale, and shocked everybody by sinking six 3-pointers and a 2-pointer at the end of the game. The home crowd went wild and hoisted him up on their shoulders.

Said Jason, "I'm not really that different," he said. "I don't really care about this autistic situation, really. It's just the way I am. The advice I'd give to autistic people is just keep working, just keep dreaming, you'll get your chance and you'll do it."

Great kid, great team, great town, and great coach. Wouldn't it be neat to find that something special for everybody?

Autistic Teen Hoops Hero & Video
MSNBC: Autistic Teen Game Winner

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend watching the video of this story. So moving and victorious.